Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Copacabana Part I

"At the Copa, Copacabana
The hottest spot north of Havana
At the Copa, Copacabana
Music and passion were always the fashion
At the Copa....they fell in love"

-Copacabana, Barry Manilow


There is a little sleepy town on Sydney's Central Coast where my darling friend Phoebe of 'Stop Making Sense Now' has an epic 70s holiday home, right smack BANG on the beach.
Phoebe is one half of the jewellery label we have started together (coming sooooon!), and she is also my Gypsy in crime (sounds like a cool song doesn't it "my gypsy in crime"- screamed in a Bon Jovi 'living on a prayer' voice), selling off our lives at various markets each week. You have already met her in her dusty pink fur coat here.
We decided to hop on the next train going nooooo where (now Im in that mood where everything I want to say is becoming lyrics from a song! Ok I'll stop.) In real life we hoped on a train to the coast to discover the most amazing hidden vintage shops, see a psychic, drink wine and brainstorm ideas and inspirations for our collection, find the appropriate 'bits' needed to get it rollin and play dress-ups with all our new finds!
The only downside to this love boat story is that it rained 100% of the time we stayed there, and therefore it wasn't necessarily classified as a 'summer holiday'. Everything happens for a reason and with that I'm 100% sure we would not have done one ounce of work if the sun was shining.
I'm also 100% aching to show you our love children jewellery pieces, and I will make a solid promise to you right now…I Celeste, do solemnly swear, to give you the opportunity to get your dirty little hands on one of our creations before this year is over! (perhaps even before Christmas so you can grab a last minute present…for yourself!)
So seriously stay tuned.
Happy Wednesday!

Lace Top: Phoebes vintage, Bra: American Apparel, Shorts: Vintage mint Levis, Belt: Leopard vintage, Rings: the usual, Lipstick: YSL

1 comment:

Kit said...

Awww Celeste I love your white lace top.
Miss you.

It's 02:56am I should be in bed.