Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wanna skip school with me?



"In the morning through the window shade
When the light pressed up against your shoulder blade
I could see what you were reading

Oh the glory that the lord has made
And the complications you could do without
When I kissed you on the mouth"

-Sufjan Stevens, Casimir Pulaski Day


Each day walking to work, I can't help but notice the group's of private school boys and girls look to be a whole lot older than I remember being in my senior year.
This year, I have been out of high school for 5 whole effin' years, so you can imagine I feel like I should be a heck of a lot older than these teen's...
They don't look eighteen. Is eighteen the new 25? If 50 is the new 40? holy heck, how can you possibly tell anyone's age these days! Usually the preppy uniform is a dead give-away, but it feels alot more like a Ralph Lauren campaign. Obviously the adolescent's catching my eye are rediculously good looking, and watching them each morning making out with their their private school girlfriends in the park and behind corner's has got me in the mood.
I'm prepping it up.
Wanna skip school with me?
Sweater vest : vintage from 10ft single, Williamsburg Brooklyn, Skirt: American Apparel, Laptop case: Marc by Marc Jacobs








Marker Pens : Collaboration between Sharpie and Marc Jacobs

Shirt: Dizzie Hong Kong, Bow Tie: Topshop man, Lipstick: Tom Ford Ginger Fawn (epic name), Journals : Moleskin 2pack

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love it! x

Rose said...

i LOVE this
i think i may repost it...

http://fiftyfifty50.blogspot.com/

thecowboygeisha said...

Go for it Rose.
I'd be more than happy for you to
xx